Without Justice There is No Peace.
Feeds full of reposts and posts supporting #BlackLivesMatter are not enough. Protest if you can, do not incite violence. Remember you are an ALLY not a leader. If you can't show up to a protest, please consider donating to any of the links below and signing the petition.
sign these petitions:
- It calls for radical, sustainable solutions that affirm the prosperity of Black lives.
- In the wake of George Floyd's murder by MPD officer Derek Chauvin, and the Minneapolis Police Department's escalated violence against the city's grieving Black community, Minneapolis is in desperate need of visionary leadership.
consider donating to:
- The is at the forefront of the movement to build political power and ensure the wellbeing of communities of color. Underscoring the advocacy of our 2,200 local units across the country, they empower our communities to make democracy work for them. Your donation to the NAACP helps further their mission to ensure the political, educational, social and economic equality of rights of all persons and to eliminate racial hatred and racial discrimination.
- Theis a directory for community bail and bond funds which is part of a network dedicated to being an organizing tool aimed at ending pretrial and immigration detention.
- The is committed to challenging the racism, inequality, and injustice of a criminal legal system and immigration and deportation regime that disproportionately target and harm low-income communities of color.
- The is a Black-led, multi-racial, intergenerational coalition that seeks to build a replicable and sustainable model to eradicate police terror in communities of color.
- The believes in a future where all Black people have autonomy, safety is community-led, and we are in right relationship within our ecosystems.
- began in 2018 and organizes Minneapolis community and city council members to move money from the police department into other areas of the city’s budget that truly promote community health and safety.
- holistically invests in the leadership and political power of young women and trans & non-binary individuals throughout Minnesota.